Ever tried this traditional Chinese dessert, water chestnut sweet soup? I used to buy a whole packet of frozen water chestnut to make water chestnut cake. The leftover water chestnut can be used to make this dessert. Its crunchy texture and delicious taste totally win my heart.
Water chestnut cake is a must-eat snack during Chinese New Year. But I won’t wait a whole year to enjoy crunchy and tasty water chestnuts. Its mild sweetness is so pleasant. They can be eaten on its own.
For cooking, I’d like to put some water chestnuts in my pork patties or make myself a sweet treat, like this Chinese dessert soup that I grew up with.
Continue reading:
Popular Posts
Steamed Hilsa cooked in mustard and curd paste
12 Mar, 2021
Ingredients Hilsa-7 pieces Yellow mustard seeds-3 tablespoon Black mustard seeds-1 tablespoon Curd-2 spoons Green chillies-4 Salt- to tast...
WHOLE WHEAT NAAN / NAAN
12 Mar, 2021
Naan is a very famous Indian bread served in almost all the Indian restaurants. It's made with maida (all-purpose flour) to give it good...
EGG-LES SUJI COCONUT CAKE / SEMOLINA COCONUT CAKE / RAWA COCONUT CAKE / RAVA COCONUT CAKE
12 Mar, 2021
Coconut suji cake is a very healthy and easy to make. This is an absolute treat for coconut lovers. I like to pack this in kids school lunc...
