This Cantonese Egg Tart is a very traditional Chinese dessert that you'll find in many Hong Kong restaurants (茶餐廳 Cha Chaan Teng).
When I traveled on a bus one day during my holidays in Hong Kong, I saw “Road Show” that was a TV program, showing former Hong Kong governor Chris Patten also liked eating egg tarts. There are two kinds of tart shells, one is puff pastry-like (酥皮底), the other cookie-like(牛油皮底). The governor liked the latter, just like me. Haha…
Continue reading:
Popular Posts
Snow Fungus, Papaya and Lotus Seeds Dessert Soup
11 May, 2021
I grew up with this traditional Chinese dessert, Snow Fungus and Papaya dessert Soup. You still can find it in some Hong Kong dessert restau...
Cheat’s Sweet Egg Twists (Chinese New Year Snack)
11 May, 2021
Ever tried a traditional sweet egg twists ( 蛋散 , dansan) ? It’s my childhood CNY snack in Hong Kong. Some Chinese restaurants offer egg twis...
Japanese Pork Tender Rib Stew (Pressure Cooker + Stovetop + Video)
11 May, 2021
This Japanese pork tender rib stew dish can be served with rice or noodle soup. For those who don’t have an Instant Pot yet, I inserted the ...
MUSHROOM FRENCH TOAST / FRENCH TOAST / MUSHROOM EGG SANDWICH
12 Mar, 2021
French toast are very famous and commonly made breakfast in almost every house today. I never make french toast in old fashioned way, where ...
