How nice to make these fragrant pandan snow skin mooncakes for Mid-Autumn Festival? It's fun and divinely tasty. Step-by-step photos are in the recipe below.
Mid-Autumn Festival (aka moon festival or mooncake festival, 中秋節) is one of the important festivals in Chinese calendar. I’ve grown up from a family that would have store-brought mooncakes every year. Since I moved to Australia, I’ve been pondering over the idea of making my own mooncakes. After many years, I made some traditional and trendy ones finally.
Coconut milk and pandan juice often go well together in making Chinese dessert. Off I went with this idea and made these mini snow skin mooncakes for our church gathering.
The smell, taste and colour of both coconut milk and pandan are very unique, that you hardly find any other things to replace them.
Fresh pandan leaves are not common here. I could source some frozen ones though, and was glad that it was a big hit in our gathering.
Continue reading:
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url
Related Post
Autumn,Chinese,Dessert,Festive
Popular Posts
Beef Short Ribs with Radish
11 May, 2021
This beef short ribs with radish is very delicious, comforting and nourishing. We like it to go with steamed rice. You might like it to go ...
KAJU PISTA COOKIES / CASHEW PISTACHIO COOKIES / KAJU PISTA BISCUIT / ATTA PISTA COOKIES / WHOLE WHEAT PISTACHIO CAHSHEW COOKIES
12 Mar, 2021
These cashew-pistachio cookies were in my try list for a long time, my younger son is crazy about cookies, and I avoid having market made co...
Koraishuti Kochuri/Peas Kachori
12 Mar, 2021
https://youtu.be/FfurohUebBU Koraishuti kochuri or peas kachori is very famous during winters.You can eat this in breakfast as well as snack...
TIL LADOO / SESAME LADOO / GUR TIL LADOO / SESAME JAGEERY LADOO
12 Mar, 2021
Sesame seed is a super food. It is rich in calcium, copper, magnesium which keeps bones strong, facilitates beautiful hair and skin and is a...
Braised Shiitake Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
4 May, 2021
One of the must-eat dishes for Chinese New Year celebration is this braised shiitake mushrooms in oyster sauce dish. The shiitake mushroom...
